Residential Burn Permits

The Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality has banned open-burning of “domestic refuse” in areas that has trash collection services available which includes Tulsa County and Bixby City Limits.

                Domestic Refuse Includes the Following:

Kitchen GarbageLumberClothingGrass
Carboard BoxesLeavesBranches/LimbsPackaging Materials

For a further explanation please read Open Burning & You by OK DEQ. 

To obtain a Residential Burn Permit complete the Residential Burn Permit Application Form

The following items shall be met prior to approval.

  • Fire Department approval granted by Fire Captain on shift.
  • Prevailing winds shall be less than 10 mph and relative humidity shall be above 30%.
  • No active burn bans/red flag in effect.
  • Burning is a minimum 500 feet upwind from the nearest occupied structure on an adjacent property.
  • Burning a minimum 1000 feet from a State Highway.
  • Burning may begin 2 hours after sunrise and 2 hours before sunset.
  • All fires shall be constantly attended until the fire is completely extinguished.
  • Fire extinguishment must be available at all times, i.e. Fire extinguisher, water hose, sufficient water tank, sand/dirt.
  1. Station 1

    Physical Address
    116 W Needles
    Bixby, OK 74008


    Emergency Phone: 911

  2. Station 2

    Physical Address
    8300 E 121 Street S
    Bixby, OK 74008


    Emergency Phone: 911