For those wishing to conduct a Pyrotechnic Special Effects Show as defined by the Oklahoma State Fire Marshal Commission, The city of Bixby welcomes you to complete an application through the Bixby Fire Marshal's Office for a permit. The application, required documentation and fee amount must be submitted together to the Bixby Fire Marshal’s Office at least 10 working days prior to date of display. Any deviation from these instructions could result in the delay or denial of said permit.
The following is required along with the application:
- A site diagram of the area where the display will take place. If the site diagram is incomplete this may delay the issuance of a permit. The diagram is not required to be to scale but must include the following:
- The point at which the proximate fireworks are to be positioned and fired.
- The fallout radius for each proximate fireworks used in the display.
- The lines behind which the spectators are restricted indicating distances in feet.
- Copy of the certificate of liability insurance with policy limits in an amount of no less than one million dollars ($1,000,000)
- Copy of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives license/permit.
- Copies of certification that the set, scenery, and rigging materials meet required flame retardant standards or have been treated to achieve the flame retardant standards.
- Fee to be paid by check to City of Bixby in the amount of $100.00
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for the pyrotechnic material to be used.
Prior to any approval of display a site inspection with pyrotechnic walk through and demonstration is required.