Never pictured yourself or your company relocating to Oklahoma? The business climate in Bixby, Oklahoma may surprise you. Prime location, vital multi-modal logistics, less taxation and better incentives all make Bixby the natural choice for business. The city is characterized by an open attitude toward quality development. Fueled by a population increase of 62% from 2000-2010, Bixby is a major nucleus of new development in the south Tulsa metro area. Immediately adjacent to south Tulsa, Bixby is an affluent area with exceptional new housing developments, new businesses, and new amenities coming online all the time. The municipal government of Bixby is dedicated to providing quality shopping, dining, services and recreation choices for all of the south Tulsa area. Nationally recognized names like Sprouts Farmers Market, and Raising Cane’s Chicken, and many other local, regional, and national businesses have recently chosen Bixby with outstanding results.
Economic Development Facts
Consider these facts:
- Bixby was one of the fastest growing cities in the state of Oklahoma this past decade, and second fastest growing in the Tulsa metro region, having grown by 57%
- Bixby has a very positive demographic, and features a very attractive quality of life. Its excellent school system is one of its major attractions, along with its quality neighborhoods, friendly small town feel, with many community amenities, and significant commercial development potential, including along the Arkansas River
- 77% of Bixby households are family households
- 40% of Bixby residents have earned a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- The average household income in Bixby exceeds $97,000
- More than 380,000 people live within a 10-mile radius of downtown Bixby
- Bixby offers interstate and major highway access (I-44, US 169, US 75, Highways 64 and 67)
- International air service via the Tulsa International Airport – only 30 minutes from downtown Bixby, and regional air service via R.L. Jones Airport, also 20 minutes.
- Water transport through the Tulsa Port of Catoosa, 30 minutes away.
- Bixby is a high-speed fiber community. Bixby’s BTC Broadband, a regional broadband telecommunications company, offers carrier-class high speed internet and a full suite of data networking and business phone solutions.
As stated earlier, the foundation of Bixby’s success is a progressive municipal government consistently focused on proactive growth and dedicated to bringing successful new business to Bixby. If we can be of assistance to you, please contact City Manager Jared Cottle.