- Launch Date?
January 1st, 2024
- What hospitals will we transport to?
All hospitals located within the Tulsa Metro area that meet the clinical needs of the patient.
- Why should I participate in BixbyCare?
To save money. The average emergency response and ambulance transport costs $1,500. Insurance may cover a portion of this charge, but subscribers to BixbyCare will pay nothing after a claim is submitted to the health insurance provider.
- If I already have health insurance, do I need BixbyCare?
For most people, their insurance will only partially cover ambulance costs after the deductible and co-insurance is met, which means the rest is your responsibility to pay. If you are unsure of your level of emergency ambulance coverage, contact your insurance provider. For members with health insurance, BixbyCare takes care of out-of-pocket expenses, so you don’t pay anything for emergency ambulance services.
- How do I pay for BixbyCare?
For the City of Bixby residents who receive a Bixby Water bill, you are automatically enrolled in BixbyCare through your monthly water bill, it will show up as an EMS line item. If you live outside Bixby City limits but within Bixby Licensed Response Area and do not pay a Bixby City water bill you will need to submit an annual payment by check, cash, or credit card.
- If I have BixbyCare, will you still submit a claim to my insurance company?
Yes, the City will submit claims to insurance providers. BixbyCare members who have health insurance will not pay any out-of-pocket expenses after insurance payments have been collected. BixbyCare members are required to provide health insurance information and keep it up to date. Utility customers who do not have health insurance must state they do not have health coverage.
- How does this affect people living outside the City limits who rely on the Bixby Fire Department emergency services?
BixbyCare is available to anyone living outside City limits but within the Bixby Licensed Response Area. Those living within city limits and receiving a water bill will pay $7.50 per month. Those living outside City limits but within the Bixby Licensed Response Area will be able to enroll at $90 per year. To participate, visit the City of Bixby website to enroll. \
- I just moved to Bixby, am I immediately subscribed?
Yes, when you open a new utility (water) account with the City you will be enrolled in BixbyCare.
- I am currently renting the house I live in. Are my roommates also covered?
All members of the household who claim the address registered with BixbyCare as their primary residence will be covered.
- I own a rental home. Are my tenants covered?
If your tenant pays his or her water bill, they will be covered. If you, the landlord, manage the water bill, you will be responsible for communicating BixbyCare coverage to your tenant.
- I need directions on how to get to...
- What codes do the Fire Department utilize?
- Will Bixby Fire Department assists me in the installation of my child safety?
- Is it ok to burn discarded material in my yard?
- When should I change the batteries in my smoke detectors?
- Whom do I contact for a Station tour?
- Is it ok to stop by one of the Fire Stations to visit?
- Where are the Fire Stations located in Bixby?
- Will the Fire Department help me after I locked my keys in my car?
- Can I discharge fireworks in the City of Bixby?
- What conditions must I meet in order to receive a permit?
- Can I discharge fireworks in the City Parks?
- Do I have to be present while my child buys or discharges fireworks?
- What are the conditions to be met to obtain a permit for sale of fireworks?
- Can I have a public fireworks display?
- What are the steps for submitting a request to discharge fireworks for a public display?
- What are the fines for a fireworks violation?