- Starting Salary is $37,000.00 plus Competitive Benefits Package.
- Pay raises to $38,500.00 to after successful completion of Oklahoma CLEET Academy and Bixby P.D. Field Training Program.
- Applicants must have 60 credit hours from an accredited college.
- Must pass a written exam, physical fitness test, oral board, MMPI and criminal background investigation.
Commissioned Officer Employee Benefits
Commissioned Officer Benefit Package include but not limited to:
- Medical and Dental paid for employee, dependent Coverage is available.
- Life Insurance in the amount of $20,000 paid for employee with additional coverage available on employee and dependents.
- Vision, Injury, Cancer, Hospitalization, and Critical Care Coverage available for employee and dependents.
- Retirement through the Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement System (OPPRS), for more information view the OPPRS website. Employees are vested at 10 years of service and normal retirement is at 20 years of service.
- 2 weeks paid vacation, 12 days annual sick leave and funeral leave.
- 13 paid holidays annually are available.
- Periodic Overtime and/or Comp-time are available.
- Take Home Patrol Vehicle Program for officers is available.
- Patrol Rifle Program for officers.
- Clothing Allowance of $650 offered annually.
- Cleaning Allowance totaling $720 offered annually.
- Education Incentive Based on degree(s) held for officers.
- Continuing Education Compensation Assistance opportunities are available.
- Uniforms, Ballistic Vest, Service Pistol, certain Leather Gear and additional equipment issued upon hiring.
- For more information view the Commissioned Officer Testing Process Recruitment (PDF).