- Applicants must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass background investigation
- Starting Salary is $15.00 per hour while in training and $15.25 after successful completion of training and OLETS Certification plus Competitive Benefits Package
Non-Commissioned Employee Benefits
Non-Commissioned Employee Benefits include but no limited to:
- Medical and Dental paid for employee, dependent coverage is available.
- Free Services and Medications provided at Near-Site Clinic available for Employee and Dependents.
- Life Insurance in the amount of $20,000 paid for employee with additional coverage available on employee and dependents.
- Vision, Injury, Cancer, Hospitalization, and Critical Care Coverage available for employee and dependents.
- Retirement is through Oklahoma Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS), the employee contributes 3.5% biweekly and the City contributes 16.5%. Learn more by visiting the Oklahoma OPERS website.
- Education: The City offers various training classes and seminars at no cost to the employee.
- College reimbursement up to 50% of tuition costs with and annual limit up to $1,500.
- Holidays: The City offers 12 paid Holidays
- Vacation: Upon completion of 1 year of full-time employment employees will receive 10 days of vacation (2 weeks). 8 to 12 years of full-time employment employee will receive 15 working days vacation (3 weeks). 13 to 14 years of full-time employment employee will receive 20 working days vacation (4 weeks). Over 15 years of full-time employment employee will receive 25 working days vacation (5 weeks).
- Sick Leave: After 30 days of full-time employment employees accrue 1 day (8 hours) sick leave per month.
- Answers incoming emergency and non-emergency phone calls; transfers calls to special units within the department as appropriate
- Dispatches calls for service to the appropriate police, fire, animal control, and emergency medical agencies or units
- Dispatches after-hours public works calls
- Completes records checks upon the request of police officers and fire marshal including driver’s license and criminal histories
- Enters and updates NCIC files
- Monitors video surveillance
- Acts as jailer providing supervision, meals, and hourly cell check of prisoners
- Performs other related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects and uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. The work is typically performed in the Public Safety Communications Center. The employee may be exposed to loud noise
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Oklahoma drivers’ license
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check
- Must be skilled in the use of computers and various software programs as well as multi-line telephone systems
- Ability to read, write, spell and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent
- Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with the speed and accuracy required of the position
- Ability to have the high degree of multi-tasking required of the position
- Ability to work different shifts, i.e., shift work, to include weekends and holidays as needed to maintain a 24 hours per day, 365 days per year operation
- For more information view the Non-Commissioned Employee Recruitment Process (PDF).